Thursday, April 26, 2012

Latest Training Event

Last week, one of my colleagues attended a seminar in Belfast and took a number of Key Learning points from this event, both from a personal perspective and company perspective:

1.       Title of event was slightly misleading, my expectations were not met in terms of how the event had been billed – learning: be sure to cover what you are promising in the title
2.       When I was registered I was then immediately greeted by another hoster who showed me round to the main area and then introduced me to a Employers in Childcare colleague (who has been assigned to me by the colour of spot on my name badge). Learning: I felt well looked after and although I wasn’t too keen on being given a coloured spot on my name badge I did think the idea was good.
3.       In terms of event management – the event was held in the Ramada Shawsbridge, registration took place at the lobby area at the top of the stairs – much more user friendly I thought compared to where we normally register for AR – learning: consider moving registration for this year
4.       Event was free although if you didn’t turn up or couldn’t send a replacement you were charged £50 cancellation/ no show fee. Thought this was a good way of ensuring all delegates will turn up
5.        Most if not all the questions from the floor were directed at Maxine Orr on her presentation on sickness leave and annual leave. 

At the moment we’re all working hard on our big event coming up soon. This is the Annual Update on Payroll Matters Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment